Any persons/organisation hiring our inflatables are responsible/liable for any damage or injuries occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use. Persons using the inflatable do so at their own risk. These guidelines are for the safety of all persons using the inflatable, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are adhered to. Our company cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or injury to anyone using the equipment however caused.
- The hirer shall provide a designated supervisor, who must be a responsible person 18 years and over and capable of exercising control over children.
- They must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and must have a clear and unobstructed view of the children at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time in or near the inflatable.
- The inflatable must NOT be left unattended.
- Children up to 10 years old for Jumping Castles.
- Children up to 12 years old for Combos, Slides and Deluxe Jumping Castles.
- Under no circumstances is any person over the age of 12 permitted to enter the inflatable. STRICTLY NO ADULTS
- Any damage to the inflatable found within 14 days of the booking date will be charged to the hirer at a minimum $500 to cover repairs.
- It is our company’s responsibility to monitor the weather prior and during set up of the Inflatable.
- If for any reason our company deems the weather to be unsafe or unpredictable on the date of your booking, the hirer will be offered to reschedule to a suitable date/time or a cancellation with a full refund.
- Do not use the inflatable during heavy, persistent rain, electrical storms, high temperatures and/or winds over 24klm / 13kts per hour.
- The hirer is required to monitor the weather during the booking date. We recommend downloading the “Weather Downunder App” (downloadable via Apple Store or google Play).
- In an instance the hirer and their supervisor recognize a change in weather conditions, follow the following procedures:
- Confirm weather via a visual and weather app confirmation. Please screenshot your observations.
- Remove all children off the Inflatable immediately and deflate the Inflatable via the switch on the blower.
- Contact Jumping Jims Castle Hire via SMS and telephone call on their 24hrs mobile number; 0418 779 608
- When safe to re-use switch inflatable blower back on and towel dry ( if required) any remaining wetness before allowing children back on. Please be aware the surface may still be slippery.
- The Inflatable blower is to be left running at all times (excluding term during heavy, persistent rain or strong winds/bad weather as mentioned in section d). Switching blower on and off can cause permanent danger to the motor. Damage to the motor will terminate the hire and a fee of $500 will be applied.
- Make no attempt to move the inflatable.
*24klm/ 13 kts would reveal a Moderate Breeze, raises dust and loose paper: small branches are moved. Please familiarize yourself with the “Beaufort Scale Wind Speed Chart” for more descriptions and observations.
- Ensure the inflatable is plugged into a residual-current device (RCD).
- Do not allow anyone on the inflatable whilst inflating/deflating.
- Keep children clear from the back of the inflatable, to ensure no temptation for them to touch the electrical blower or detach the power supply, whether deliberately or by accident.
- The supervisor is to frequently check the inflatable for safety throughout the duration of the hire. This includes the obstructions, rubbish, or discarded objects in and around the inflatable. The Inflatable blower can suck up rubbish including streamers and wrapping paper over the air in-take, this can affect the performance of the blower. Please check this and remove if required.
- Children are not to bounce on the front safety step. The safety step is to assist patrons in entering and exiting the inflatable.
- Exiting the inflatable is by way of sliding not jumping.
- Children are not allowed to climb, sit, bounce or hang on the inflatable walls or netting.
- No sitting or bouncing on the front step of the Inflatable.
- No acrobatic manoeuvres, flips, bullrush or inappropriate and boisterous behaviour.
- Only one child at a time may be allowed onto the slide, in a central position at the top.
- When sliding place feet-first, sitting up or lying down position (on backs only) with elbows tucked in. No jumping or diving from the top of the slide.
- To prevent friction burns on exposed skin patrons should be fully clothed including socks.
- Slide patrons should move quickly away from the bottom of the slide on arrival before the next patron slides down.
- Ensure the inflatable is not overcrowded. Limit the number of patrons to allow enough room to play safely, dependent on size and age, generally 6-8 children at the one time
- A rota system for different age or size groups should be operated, together with the observance of an age limit of patrons. (e.g., ages 1– 3, 4 – 6, 7 – 10).
- No smoking, fires, barbeques or heating device are to be used near the inflatable.
- No shoes, hats spectacles are to be worn on the inflatable.
- Toys, food, drinks, sand, sharp or dyed objects (e.g. streamers, confetti, party poppers, silly string) are not to be used on the inflatable. Dyes cause permanent damage, particularly in wet weather.
- No pets to be allowed on the inflatable
- No buckets, hoses and water toys are to be taken onto the inflatable. Please remember if the inflatable has been deliberately wet, left sandy or dirty and is not in a condition to be rehired, a $100.00 cleaning fee per hour will apply.
- Individuals with any history of head, neck, back, muscular-skeletal injuries, disabilities, or medical conditions and or weakness are not permitted in the unit at any time.
- Patrons not following safety rules should be excused from the inflatable immediately.
- Intermittently check that the inflatable is still securely pegged down and wind conditions via the “Weather Underground App”.
21. If the inflatable fails for whatever reason, evacuate immediately to prevent injury and contact Jumping Jims Castle Hire on their 24hr mobile #0418 779 608.
BEAUFORT SCALE – WIND SPEED
|0||≤ 1.8||Calm||Calm: smoke rises vertically|
|1||≥ 1.8||≤ 5.4||Light air||Direction of wind shown by smoke drift but not by wind vanes|
|2||≥ 5.4||≤ 10.8||Light breeze||Wind felt on face; leaves rustle; ordinary vane moved by wind|
|3||≥ 10.8||≤ 21.6||Gentle breeze||Leaves and small twigs in constant motion, wind extends light flag|
|4||≥ 21.6||≤ 28.8||Moderate Breeze||Raises dust and loose paper; small branches are moved|